Director of Sports Performance, BS, CSCCa, USA Track & Field Level 1, USAW Level 1
Coach Eric joins the Fusion Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Team as the Director of Sports Performance.
Coach Eric graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelors of Science degree in Sport Fitness Management. Prior to joining The Fusion Team Coach Eric was the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for the IMG Football Academy from 2010-2015 and University of Alabama Crimson Tide 2005-2010.
Coach Eric directed and designed the Strength Program under Head Coach and 2000 Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke. The program resulted in 8 Under Armor High School All-Americans and 3 US Army All-Americans. Coach Eric’s Strength Program was instrumental in achieving the 4th-best ranking in the State of Florida and a 16th-best ranking in the nation.
Additionally, while at IMG, Coach Eric was a vital part of the NFL Combine Training: Developing Linear & Lateral Speed; Increasing Vertical and Horizontal Jump Ability; Increasing 40 yard dash times, Pro Agility and 3-Cone Drill; Improving Strength for 225lb bench press; and Increasing Explosive Power (Vertical & Horizontal).
Coach Eric’s direction and expertise resulted in several, notable, high-ranking draft picks from 2011-2015. They include:
* Justin Gilbert – 1st Round Draft Pick, 8th Overall, 2014 NFL Draft
* Taylor Lewan – 1st Round Draft Pick, 11th Overall, 2014 NFL Draft
* C.J. Mosley – 1st Round Draft Pick, 17th Overall, 2014 NFL Draft
* Teddy Bridgewater – 1st Round Draft Pick, 30th Overall, 2014 NFL Draft
* Luke Joeckel – 1st Round Draft Pick, 2nd Overall Pick, 2013 NFL Draft
* Manti Te’o – 2nd Round Draft Pick, 38th Overall Pick, 2013 NFL Draft
* Ryan Tannehill – 1st Round Draft Pick, 8th Overall Pick, 2012 NFL Draft
* Luke Kuechly – 1st Round Draft Pick, 9th Overall Pick, 2012 NFL Draft
* Russell Wilson – 3rd Round Pick, 2012 NFL Draft
* Cam Newton – Number 1 Draft Pick, 2011 NFL Draft
* Anthony Castonzo – 1st Round Pick, 22nd Overall Pick, 2011 NFL Draft
Prior to his time at the IMG Academy, Coach Eric was a Strength & Conditioning Coach at the University of Alabama from 2005-10. His talents directly impacted the university’s Athletic Programs which resulted in the following achievements:
* 2006 SEC Champions (Baseball) producing MLB players Alex Avila and David Robinson and Tommy Hunter
* 2006 Men’s Tennis Sweet 16
* 2006 Men’s Basketball NCAA Tournament Appearance
* 2007 Men’s Tennis NCAA Tournament Appearance
* 2008 SEC West Champions (Football)
* 2009 SEC Champions (Football)
* Training 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner Mark Ingram.
One of Coach Eric’s proudest achievements includes the 2009 National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide Football Team under Head Coach Nick Saban.
The Fusion Team is delighted to have Coach Eric as a part of Fusion Physical Therapy & Sports Performance and looks forward to working in tandem with Fusion’s Doctors of Physical Therapy and leading New York’s athletes to the next level of Strength and Conditioning.